1. Exact wording of proposed question(s) (including for questions that have been asked in previous ANES surveys). [Please note that the primary mandate of ANES is to explain vote choices and turnout. However, this mandate can be advanced in many different ways that incorporate insights from many different disciplines or approaches.]
Before the 2012 presidential election, the following promises were made in the Democratic Party Platform. For each of these, do you think the promise was fully kept, partially kept, or not kept at all? (answer categories: “fully kept”, “partially kept”, “not kept” and “don’t know”)
1. A promise to extend tax cuts for families who make less than $250,000 a year.
2. A promise to substantially reduce the population at Guantánamo Bay.
3. A promise to raise and index the minimum wage to inflation.
4. A promise to make it illegal to fire someone based on their sexual orientation or gender identity.
5. A promise to significantly reduce the pollution that causes climate change.